PCA has adopted the following rules in order to insure that the members and their dogs will be welcome at hotels in the future.
Any individual attending a PCA Sanctioned Event and staying in a hotel, motel, inn or campsite/fairground has the responsibility of leaving that room or campsite exactly as found. This includes picking up after dogs on the grounds. Anyone who damages a room or campsite/fairgrounds and does not report the damage to the hotel/campsite/fairground management and make immediate restitution or arrangements to do so within a period of time agreed upon by the management, will be subject to any or all the following actions by the PCA Board of Directors:
- May be banned from showing at the next PCA sanctioned event[s].
- May be subject to AKC sanctions.
- Membership in PCA may be terminated and may not be allowed to be reinstated.
DAMAGES SHALL BE DEFINED AS:
- Flea infestation, urine, defecation and/or any damage to hotel/campsite/fairground property (walls, bedspreads, carpets, drapes, etc).
- Any verified complaint by the host hotel/campsite/fairground.
- Any verified complaint by a PCA member.
PCA ROOM REGULATIONS:
- All dogs must be crated and quiet when left alone in a room. Noisy dogs shall be quieted upon request, even if this means the owner/handler must stay in the room with the dog.
- Individuals will be expected to immediately report any damage by dogs or themselves to the hotel/campsite/fairground management and to assume complete financial responsibility for those damages.
- No bathing or grooming will be allowed in rooms. A grooming room will be available whenever possible.
- Dogs are to be allowed on furniture ONLY if the furniture is covered with protective covering provided by the owner/handler. All owner/handlers will take preventative measures to assure that their dogs are free of fleas, mites, intestinal parasites and other communicable diseases prior to arriving at the hotel/campsite.
BY SIGNING THE ENTRY FORM, COMPLIANCE WITH THIS POLICY SHALL BE INSURED. ALL INDIVIDUALS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY.