PCA National Specialty – October 12-16, 2017
We had a great National Specialty!
Saturday Regional Specialty
Sunday Supported Entry
Events at our 2017 PCA National Specialty were held as part of the
Conformation National Specialty Fri Premium List
Tentative Schedule of events:
Thursday, October 12
- 9:00 AM- Agility Trial — Watertown TN. Judge Dan Faulkner (See Info below) Agility Premium List
- 4:00 PM- Board Meeting — WCEC Lebanon TN (NOTE time change, to allow for Board and club members to get back from the Agility Trial– if meeting is not finished by 6, we’ll finish up after the Welcome Party)
- 6:00 pm- Welcome Party —WCEC Lebanon TN. We will be having a pizza party. Please bring beer, wine or soda from your region to share with your PCA friends.
Friday, October 13
- All day raffle sales- prizes include an East Coast Crate and Myrtle Beach resort stay!
- 8:30 am: Obedience Trial — WCEC Lebanon TN (all regular classes, all preferred classes, beginner novice)(see info below) Premium List
- 8:30 am: Rally Trial — WCEC Lebanon TN (novice, advanced, excellent, RAE)(see info below) Premium List
- 11:30 am- Sweepstakes- WCEC Lebanon TN Judge: Amanda Mills ( U.K.)
- 1:00 pm-National Specialty—WCEC Lebanon TN Judge National Judge: Sherry Gibson – Premium List
- 6:00 pm: Annual Banquet — WCEC Lebanon TN
- PCA auction- We will be having an auction during our evening banquet. Please bring a basket that represents your region ( state or city) to be auctioned. Don’t be outdone by other regions!
Saturday, October 14
- All day raffle sales
- 11:40 am Sweepstakes- WCEC Lebanon TN – Sweeps Judge: Beth Speich
- 1:10 pm Regional Specialty — WCEC Lebanon TN (as part of Tri-Star Kennel Club of Williamson County, TN shows) Regional Judge: Merel Taylor- Premium List
- 4:30 pm – Members Education – WCEC Lebanon TN
Sunday, September 15
- 9:00am- PCA Supported Entry — WCEC Lebanon TN (as part of Tri-Star Kennel Club of Williamson County, TN shows) Judge: Charles Trotter – Premium List
- Raffle drawing after BOB
Monday, October 16
- 7:45 am Handler meeting, 8:00 am start time -Herding —The Stables at Belle Meadow, Wartrace TN, (Instinct Test, Farm Dog Certified Test,
offered twice). Judges: Doyle Ivie and Claire A Hamilton (See info below)
- Premium List for both events – Entries close Sept 29
The Agility trial will be held on Thursday October 12 at the Never Go Back Ranch, 337 Beech Log Road, Watertown, TN 37184 (it’s about 5 miles from the regular show site). The trial site is under cover (with open sides) on artificial turf. Start time is 9:00 AM. The judge will be Dan Faulkner. The classes will be: Standard (Novice thru Masters), JWW (Novice thru Masters), andT2B The trial is open to all breeds, but Pulik will have preference. Entry fees will be $20 first entry, $15 second entry and $12 third entry for the same dog. Cathy Pronzini is working on the premium list – it will be available on the Puli Club website as soon as it is available. If you don’t have access to the web, you can contact Cathy for a hard copy (firstname.lastname@example.org or send her a note at 2555 Holly Oak Drive, Danville, CA 94506- 2057). Premium Info
PCA is fortunate this year to be able to offer two different Herding Tests, a Herding Instinct Test and a new AKC Test called Farm Dog Certified [ FDC ]. Both will be held on Monday October 16, 2017, under cover, at The Stables at Belle Meadow, 6659 Hwy 64 E, Wartrace TN 37183. Pulik must be 9 months old to enter either test. If you pass [ and both are pass/fail ] two tests for each discipline, you will earn an AKC Herding Certificate or Title. You do not need any specialized training or exposure to sheep for the Herding Instinct Test. The Instinct Test and FDC Test will be run simultaneously so you will be able to earn the needed Q’s in one day . Entry fee is $40.00 per Test. We will allow “Day of ” entries. However , it would be advantageous to pre-enter as we will have limited entries. Premiums will be available soon on the Puli Club website and an email will be sent to those who receive Puli Post by e-mail . If anyone wants a hard copy please contact : Patty Anspach email@example.com or at 2367 E. 100 N., Winamac, IN 45996 -7758. The Instinct Test is limited to Pulik only. The Farm Dog Certified Test will be open to all Breeds. Limited of 25 dogs for each test. We will have two judges (Doyle Ivie and Claire A Hamilton) and our judges are familiar with Pulik. At least one of our members trains with them—which is a big plus. Wartrace is about one hour south of Lebanon TN and is easily reached by taking I-40 WST to 840 WEST to I- 24 south to Wartrace. Wartrace is about 12 minutes from I-24. Premium info
Entries close on Wednesday September 27, 2017 at 6 pm.CDT. Entries may be mailed to the Trial Secretary, Linore Cleveland, at 105 Hopi Way, Kerrville, TX 78028 . The fees are $28 for the first entry in Obedience or Rally, $25 for an additional entry. The website will provide a method to pay for entries, and entry forms can be filled out and signed and then scanned and sent to the Trial Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. PCA is offering all regular and preferred Obedience classes as well as Beginner Novice (both A and B classes ). Rally classes are the standard Novice,, Advanced, and Excellent (both A and B classes). Premium info
The link for ordering specialty apparel is
Last day to order to receive in time for October 12 is September 1. Orders are shipped individually. Orders placed after September 1 will be produced and shipped with no delivery time guarantee. Last order date is October 12.
Lebanon is located in Middle Tennessee, approximately 25 miles east of downtown Nashville. Quoting Wikipedia: “The city was incorporated in 1801…. Local residents have called Lebanon ‘Cedar City’, mostly a reference to the abundance of cedar trees in the area. The city is home to Cumberland University, a small, private four-year liberal arts institution.”