PCA National Specialty – September 22-26, 2016
We had a fantastic National!
|Events for the 2016 PCA National Specialty were held as part of the Gateway Cluster at Purina Farms, Gray Summit, MO.
The show hotel was the Holiday Inn Six Flags in Eureka, MO
Tentative Schedule of events:
Thursday, September 22 (daytime events at Purina Farms)
- All day: Obedience Trial (exact time available after entries close)
- 9:30-Noon Judges Education (Founders Room)
- Noon-2pm Board Meeting (Founders Room)
- 2:30-4pm Member Education (tented area by Visitors Center)
- 6pm-8:30pm Welcome Party (Hotel bar/pool area)
Friday, September 23 (Purina Farms)
- Regional Specialty (Ring 8 – Sweeps 8:30am, Regional 9:00am) Regional Judge: Rita Holloway
- Round Table facilitated discussion between Board and Members (held after Regional and before Best in Show)
- Awards Banquet
- 6pm – Cash bar
- 7pm – Dinner Service for Banquet
- 10pm – Banquet/Annual Meeting ends
Saturday, September 24
- National Specialty (Ring 4 – Sweeps 8:30am, National: 9:05am) National Judge: Nancy Liebes, Sweeps Judge: Tom Motter
- Free Evening
Sunday, September 25
- Supported Entry (Ring 4 – 9:35am) Judge Mrs Lesley E. Hiltz
- Free Evening
Monday, September 26
- Herding (2 sets of IT, HT, and PT tests) At the Herding facility at Purina Farms. Tentative starting time for first set of tests: 9am. Second set of tests follow completion of first set.
All attendees are welcome to watch the Obedience Trial on Thursday.
The presentation portion of Judge’s Education is open to Members; the hands-on portion is not.
All PCA Members are welcome and encouraged to attend the Board Meeting.
Members Education will present a program on ways to have “FUN with your PULI”. Please bring your Puli(s) with you as there will be opportunities for your Pulis to have fun!
The Round Table facilitated discussion will include discussion of how to attract new members but continue to have PCA be the guiding force for preserving the breed, plus a discussion of raising dues in the future.
The Banquet evening will include the annual meeting as well as a Silent Auction, PLUS a Live Auction (Glen VanderHart and Les Stallings have agreed to be our auctioneers) and the auction of the BBQ baskets.
Show site – Purina Farms: 200 Checkerboard Drive, Gray Summit, MO 63039
Purina Farms Event Center
Holiday Inn Six Flags in Eureka, MO
4901 Six Flags Road, Eureka, MO 63025
Call 636-938-6661 for reservations and be sure to mention you are with the Puli Club of America. Room rates are $119/night
Located 45 miles southwest of St. Louis in Gray Summit, MO, Purina Farms is handy to reach from Interstate 44. Simply turn north at the Gray Summit exit (Exit 253) on Interstate 44, and travel two blocks on Missouri Highway 100. Go left on County Road MM, and the entrance to Purina Farms is one mile on the left.
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to Holiday Inn:
Lambert- St. Louis International Airport
Approximately 35 miles from the host hotel
From Airport to Hotel (33.6 miles)
From Google Maps
1. Head northwest on Main Terminal toward Lambert International Blvd (go 0.2 mi)
2. Turn left at Lambert International Blvd (go 492 ft)
3. Merge onto I-70 W via the ramp to Rental Car Return (go 3.5 mi)
4. Take exit 232A-232B to merge onto I-270 S toward Memphis (14.5 mi)
5. Take exit 5B to merge onto I-44 W/US-50 W toward US-50 W/Tulsa (go 14.6 mi)
6. Take exit 261 for Six Flags Rd toward I-44 BUS (go 0.3 mi)
7. Turn right at Allenton Rd/Allenton 6 Flags Rd (go 0.3 mi)
From Hotel to Show Site (10.4 miles)
From Google Maps
1. Head southeast on Allenton Rd/Allenton 6 Flags Rd toward Fox Creek Rd (go 0.2 mi)
2. Slight right to merge onto I-44 W/US-50 W (go 8.0 mi)
3. Take exit 253 for I-44 BUS/MO-100 E toward Gray Summit (go 0.2 mi)
4. Turn right at MO-100 E (go 0.4 mi)
5. Take the 1st left onto Hwy Mm/State Hwy Mm (go 1.2 mi)
6. Turn left at 4 Square Dr (go 0.2mi)
7. Turn left at Checkerboard Dr (go 0.2)
Looking ahead…………2017 PCA National Specialty
The 2017 Puli Club of America National Specialty will be held in Nashville, TN in the fall of 2017 in conjunction with a Cluster. Glen Vanderhart will be organizing this Specialty. The agreement has been received from the Tri Star clubs. He has been working with hotels in the Nashville area to find a good hotel that will also accept dogs. An obedience chair still needs to be appointed for the 2017 specialty.